Tuesday 3 February 2015

It's Medicinal...

Today I got an early morning text message from The Enabler wondering about the state of my wounded finger. Certain that some retail therapy would benefit me more than my typical Monday routine (which involves an intense hour of boxing gloves, pounding and sweat) she was able to persuade me to instead accompany her to a fabric shoppe about an hour & a half away. A winter storm advisory was in effect here in Nova Scotia today so we scrambled to get out the door early, travel mugs of the Brown Holy Water in hand, hoping we might return in time to beat the weather predicted to land on us this afternoon.


My intention of just getting a few blenders with the 50 bucks I tucked in my wallet went out the window rather promptly as soon as The Enabler and I walked in the door. Those of you who know about Avonport Discount Fabrics in the Valley know that resistance is futile there. A cart found its way into my hand and well, to put it mildly, it was 'Game On!'. 


A dozen or so new Kona solids that just happened to match up with a couple projects I am toying with managed to follow me home. I think a couple of the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild gals have put a hex on me...I have never before given solids a second glance and today I managed to buy little else; though there was also a ruler, a book (only one of those pictured is mine), some spray starch and some delicious pig fabric in my haul today. Easy to see that the ole Visa had a little something to do with making my finger feel better today as my wee bit of cash didn't quite get me where I needed to go in the therapy department. 


Winter in the Annapolis Valley is an awfully pretty time of year. The view out the window of the Subway store in Windsor was simply delightful while two broke girls enjoyed their lunch with the last bit of change they could scrape up. 

4 comments:

  1. There's something about Avonport that you always end up spending more than planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I went to Avonport I left with a FQ bundle of all the Cotton & Steel basics and an Oliso iron. Apparently, I took TWO Enablers with me! Love that pig fabric! (See I can like prints as well... I'm not limited to Konas!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any time in the Annapolis Valley is a pretty time of year! Hoping to get to Avonport this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some little piggies calling your name. That pig fabric looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete