Thursday 1 September 2016

September?

How can this be?

Where did all my summer go?

Not-So-Little PurpleBoots cannot possibly be turning 15 tomorrow!?!

...sigh...

Time surely flies. So cliche to say it,  but it is oh-so true. And, catching up is oh-so hard to do. Let me at least try to get ya'll up to speed with some pictures....

We had a little (big) quilt show in July. Myself and 3 of my quilty peeps organized and pulled off what was the first of its kind around here and it was awesome, if I do say so myself! The 2 day show exceeded my every expectation: it was well attended, we awed the folks who came out to see this huge body of work, we sold lots of stuff, and we're able to donate about 1100$ to the church!




We took a family trip to Newfoundland...spent a lot of our time relaxing and exploring Fogo Island. There was a boat tour on the Ketanja out to Little Fogo, cod jigging (and then cod eating) and some fabulous hiking...we found The Great Auk on what turned out to be a race against the setting sun one evening and stood on Brimstone Head, which is known to the Flat Earth Society as one of the four corners of the earth. On the boat tour Not-So-Little PurpleBoots caught the biggest cod of the lot...a 3 footer!














I got some time in the Fatboy's saddle but mostly concentrated my vehicular fun on jeepin' with Daisy and the Nova Scotia Jeep Club. I've been picking away at getting her toughened up so she could run with the pack; though we're not finshed her transformation yet, she isn't exactly a mall crawler any more.




Turns out Not-So-Little PurpleBoots is all set & ready to wrench for me...bonus! And, I still remember  how to pitch my tent and work a naptha gas Coleman stove that hasn't been out of the garage for MANY years. 





Along with half the country we watched the last Tragically Hip concert. But we watched it Jeepers style: in the woods, projected live on the side of a Jeep with a campfire blazing and drinks in hand. I honestly can't think of a better or truer "Canadian way" to watch what has become a part of our history!  

Oh summer...you've truly been a blast! 
And you Fall...how will you ever measure up? 

6 comments:

  1. I see your Gravity quilt there! That is wonderful that your quilt show turned out so well attended. And what a way to watch a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great summer you had. Loved seeing those wonderful quilts at your first show. Sounds like it was very successful! Enjoyed seeing Newfoundland. What a way to see The Hip in concert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! I am going to miss seeing all that this year! I am so bummed we hd to hve this stupid flood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures of your adventures always make me want to come up north! Lol. Glad you've had a summer of fun jeepin' around!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot about your quilt show. I'm sorry I missed it. Sounds like it was a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda said your quilt show was incredible! Love pictures of your trip to Newfoundland. XO

    ReplyDelete